Photographer : AARICIA VARANDAS
Hair artist : MAYU MORIMOTO
Make up artist : MAXIME BEAUVAIS
Fashion stylist : MATHILDE BOIVIN
Models : EMILIE PAYET chez Martine's Women
ZELIG JOYCE WILSON @Mademoiselle Agency, Paris
Photographer assistant : NICOLAS SPINELLI
FEATURED PHOTOGRPHER INTERVIEW
1. How does this collection speak to you? How did it come about? What did you want this to say to your audience?
I think that I wanted to tell a love story which begins with some difficulty but finally succeeds in the
end. I really wanted to shoot a couple with desire, emotion, and love.
2. What do you find to be the most difficult when bringing a team of artists together to create a cohesive look? How do you pick the right team?
Bringing a team together is not so hard. The real difficulty is finding people as energetic and motivated as you. If they give 100%, they will enhance your story. It’s really important to find the right team to make your original idea real.
3. As an editorial artist, what do you feel is one of the biggest mistakes beginners tend to make?
I would say the biggest mistake is to prepare everything and want to shoot exactly what you have in mind. This is impossible. In general, your shoot is made of little accidents which make it stronger.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
I would describe my style as graphic, clean, and sensitive.
5. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
Behind the camera
6. What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
Weakness: I lack the self-confidence that is very important to become a fashion photographer Strength: my sensibility and determination
7. What misconceptions do you think outsiders have about fashion and beauty editorials?
I would definitely say that people don’t realize the difficulty of being behind the camera while simultaneously directing the models and artistic team. In addition, it takes a lot of time to prepare and organize everything before the photo shoot.
8. What is your secret to keeping a happy balanced life while following your passion?
Even when life can be hard sometimes, I try my best to stay determined. When I’m behind the camera, I leave everything behind, and I become the happiest girl in the world.
9. Music feeds the soul and often motivates. What music are you playing while you are shooting?
During the « ASPHYXIA » shoot, we were listening to a DJ Set from Larry Lavan that Emilie Payet wanted to play. We all thought it was a very good idea.
10. Words to live by?
You are the designer of your own destiny, so let’s work!